McCord Development, Inc. is a Boston and Houston-based real estate company founded in 1973 that invests in the development and repositioning of commercial property including industrial, life sciences, office, mixed use, and multifamily assets.
The Development Analyst/Associate role is a unique opportunity to join an entrepreneurial team that will provide hands-on exposure to the entire lifecycle of investment and development. Daily responsibilities include sourcing deals, articulating business cases, underwriting and structuring investments, performing due diligence, documenting and finalizing contracts, and acting as a liaison with legal, accounting, engineering, leasing, and other third–party advisors and consultants.
- Produce underwriting models for prospective investments and use judgement to develop and form opinions on the appropriate assumptions and economic parameters;
- Prepare deal memos that articulate the business plan for prospective investments and participate in go/no-go decision making process;
- Assist in due diligence and debt and equity origination;
- Manage and coordinate LOIs, leases, purchase & sale and partnership agreements. Assist in deal structuring and coordination of closings with counsel;
- Manage periodic correspondence with financial partners and prepare/update budgets for stabilized assets;
- Acquire and analyze market information, draw conclusions and make recommendations;
- Manage architects, engineers, and contractors to design and build or renovate properties;
- Motivation and ambition. Ability to take initiative and work on multiple projects at once;
- High IQ with aptitude for creative problem-solving;
- Comfort with financial modeling real estate in Excel and facility with simple mental math;
- Great writing and communication skills. Ability to relate to others;
- Unwavering attention to detail;
- Some relevant real estate, banking or finance experience is preferred;
- A personal vehicle to visit properties and attend meetings;
To apply, please submit a resume and a note to firstname.lastname@example.org briefly explaining your interest and fit for the role.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com